3rd Gen 4Runner models In Stock and ready to ship/ 1st Gen Tacoma models have a 4 week lead time
Introducing the 3rd Gen 4Runner and 1st Gen Tacoma washer fluid relocation reservoir. This replaces the factory washer fluid reservoir with a custom made aluminum reservoir. The reservoir sits behind the passenger side headlight and in front of the air box. Welded together from 5052 aluminum with a custom vented billet aluminum cap made from 6061 aluminum, this reservoir utilizes every bit of room in the engine bay to maximize the amount of fluid you are able to carry.
The reservoir mounts to factory mounting positions using the included aluminum bracket. Mounting hardware is included for installation.
Why do I need to relocate my reservoir?
There are a variety of reasons, but here are some of the most common.
- If you are running a 33" or larger tire, the tire will hit the factory reservoir during tire compression. With a 35" or larger tire, it is even possible to hit the reservoir during normal street driving use. With a hard enough hit, you will destroy the stock tank.
- Adding an aftermarket bumper gives tons of ground clearance but it completely exposes the factory reservoir and pumps. Don't believe me? Take a look! The factory pumps and hoses are hanging out in the open and waiting for a rock or branch to rip them out.
- The factory reservoir is an eyesore when viewing the vehicle from the front. Relocating the reservoir into the engine bay allows you to keep a clean look on the exterior of the vehicle.
Some vehicles came with different engines. This reservoir has currently only been tested to fit on 3rd Gen 4Runners and 1st Gen Tacos with a 5vz-fe engine. The 4 Cylinder engines have a different air box design and this reservoir will not fit. It may fit with some aftermarket Cold Air Intakes with modification.
If you have a Tacoma or only plan on using a single pump, please select the Tacoma option. Only one hole will be drilled for the pump. This reservoir does not have a hole for the low fluid sensor. USA model 4Runners do not have low fluid sensors to begin with, but certain models of Tacoma do.
Reservoir body and bracket welded from 5052 Aluminum
- Billet cap cut from 6061 Aluminum
- Billet cap is vented to allow inside pressure to equalize
- Includes 2 nuts/bolts to mount reservoir to mounting bracket
- Includes one bolt to mount reservoir bracket to vehicle body
- Utilizes both of your OEM Pumps and gaskets
- Billet Aluminum Cap with stainless steel vent
- Mounting Bracket
- Two 1/4-20 Stainless Nylock Nuts
- Two 1/4-20 5/8" Long Stainless Socket Head Cap
- Four Small Washers
- Two Thick Large Washers (to be used as spacers under the mounting bracket to account for vehicle body curvature or on the driver side mounting hole to allow for more room for the stainless socket head cap)
- One Flanged Bolt for holding mounting bracket to factory bolt hole
- One Large Thin Washer for flanged bolt
Please watch this video documenting the install by Sean with Timmy The Toolman here:
~ This product is highly custom. There may be minor blemishes on the surface of the reservoir that will not affect the performance of the product. The reservoir is guaranteed to be watertight and includes a 1 year warranty. Warranty covers normal use scenarios of the product and does not cover abuse or neglect. This reservoir utilizes the OEM gaskets. If your OEM gasket is brittle, then it may be a good idea to replace the gasket!